Monday, December 14, 2009

When I grow up I want to be a ...



...fitness instructor. Who knew? My whole life I've come up with such career ideas as a nurse, a singer, a pilot, an english teacher, or just a mom. And I wasn't sure what I was going to major in as I started college. I decided Exercise Science. Nothing else was obvious. I like to sing, but it's really just a hobby. But I still wasn't sure. Was it the best of the best? Was it my calling?

So I took career explorations a year ago and I came to the same conclusion....exercise science.

And I wouldn't say exercising is my calling in life either. It's not even like I'm super athletic or anything. I've only casually pursued sports in Middle school with 2 years of being on the "B" team for girls Basketball. In High school, I did Lacrosse one year and track the next, and was only mediocre.

But I think that's why I want to be a fitness instructor. To prove that you don't actually have to be athletic to be physically fit. Plus I love working out.

I know, I'm such a nerd. But, to me, the feeling of being in a gym and running on a treadmill surrounded by other people doing good things for their bodies is the best! It's empowering. Sometimes I catch myself smiling. It's like, we're all in this together :) (humming High School Musical...)

I do want to be an involved mother someday, and this option would be great if I wanted to work around my kids schedules. Or I may not end up doing this at all, which would be fine too :) Time will tell what I decide to do.

But if I do end up teaching classes, I would invite all to attend! I plan to make it a safe and inviting atmosphere, where exercising will be fun!

6 comments:

  1. I think you'll be the best fitness instructor in the world. I'll sign up for your classes! Front row and center! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And don't forget, "Exercise gives you endorphins. And endorphins make you happy. And happy people don't kill their husbands." Thanks Legally Blonde for the great information!

    I'd love to take your classes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will do great. Not sure about me and a class. I have been told exercise cause heart attacks in old peope. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll come to your class, but I'll bring the refreshments!! Maple bars are always good! That's a cute picture of you (it is you right?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You would be AMAZING! I'd come! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first thing I remember you told me on the way home from babysitting Katie and Tyler was how excited you were to be on the JC relay team and how much you loved the practices.....so this seems like a natural step. Go Erica!

    ReplyDelete