Monday, December 7, 2009

These are a few of my favorite things...

So the other night Derek and I were in Red Robin sitting at a booth waiting for our waiter to greet us. While we were waiting a waiter bursts around the corner, sits at our table with us as if we've known him forever, and starts venting about the song that's playing over the restaurant, "Ok, who ever said that 'raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens' could be called a Christmas song? You know, that song from Sound of Music? Seriously, what whack-o thought it meritted being on the radio with other Christmas classics?

Derek froze. He didn't know who this guy was or what the heck he was talking about. He's so cute. I, on the other hand, was right there with him! Who DID say that was a Christmas song anyway? Weird.

Anyway, he ended up being our waiter. Great guy, we liked him a lot. :)

So this little blip from my life serves as a pre-curser to a few of MY favorite things. A few being 3, and the things meaning tangible items.

Here goes!

Numero Uno:

My Cruiser


I love this bike! I've had it for less than a year, but it served me well last summer in Rexburg, ID where I attend school. There is nothing like meandering through the streets of this quaint little town on your bike. I felt like a million bucks on it, and it is also my favorite color, I might add.
I got firm thighs, an escape from homework, and a lighter wallet. (My parents paid for a lot of it too. So, there's a plug for you guys. Thanks! )

Number 2!
My GUITAR!

My guitar is my friend. We get along pretty well. I've had it since I was 16 and have gotten to the point where I can accompany myself when I sing, which has been really fun. I love music, especially singing, and this instrument has been a great tagalong on some great memories.
Oh, and can you tell I like turquiose?

Last, but not least...

Number trois!

My Boyfriend...Derek. aww shucks :)

Not to say I own him (ladies, hands off.), but he is MY boyfriend, and he is amazing. I love him because he is the kindest person I know. He can do basically anything he sets his mind too. And he can keep up with me. I also really love the deep creases around his eyes when he smiles real big. I don't know why, but they do something to me.

Next Wednsday will be our one year anniversary as a couple, so I just wanna say- "Happy One Year, Boo!" XXX

5 comments:

  1. That was really sweet. You're amazing also and I love you too!

    Just so you know, no one has ever seen those creases by my eyes before. No one has ever been able to make me smile as big as you can.

    Happy one year! :-) OOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turquoise is one of my favorite colors too. Happy anniversary! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy one year anniversary!! That is very exciting ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My boys have a few favorite things about you. You're awesome at spoon fights. You're a good hider at hide and seek. And, you're beautiful. Just so you know, all those came from Mr. Landon, he's quite smitten with you....
    Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cute! Thanks Landon :)

    ReplyDelete