Sunday, December 6, 2009

I did it!

Haha, wow I can't believe this. I got my first blog today, December 6, 2009. Of coarse I'm familiar enough with blogs to know you can find that date at the top of this post if you wanted to :)

It's a Sunday morning, and the house is quiet. My family is still sleeping (except my Bishop father who is at the church already.) And they have no idea what I'm up to. Although, I think I can anticipate my mother being very excited that I've ventured into the blogging realm. I'm so much like her. And for those who have read my mom's blog, you may find some similarities in our writing style, but maybe not. My mother is a much more accomplished writer than I am.

I love mornings like this...I have the house all to myself. It's so quiet and peaceful, just the way Sundays should be. I feel like I'm the last person on earth on mornings like these, but in a non-threatening kind of way. But then I roam back upstairs and find my mom and sister sleeping peacefully in their beds and I remember. I love my family. They are the best!

S0...why blog? Well, I could say it's because I don't have a facebook page, and I'm in need of some kind of cybergroup connection. But that's not it. It may be because I've felt left out when I have so enjoyed peering into other friends lives via their blog...their own personal website. That is pretty cool, ya know. But I think the real reason that drove me to do this is the want, even the need, to let others peer into my life if they wanted to. I'm a listener by nature, not a talker, and I've always preferred it that way. But I think that it has kept people from really getting to know me. And I think I'm worth knowing

So, who is Erica? I guess you'll have to wait and see...

8 comments:

  1. Hey Sweetheart, You are definitaly worth getting to know. I'm really excited that you have a blog now. I'm going to be checking this often. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, I'm so excited for your blog!!
    Um yes, you are definitely worth knowing and I'm super excited to blurk you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great start to your blogging career. Love the photo BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi ya! Thanks for going to the tree farm with us yesterday. Landon enjoyed the hunt for Jack Frost. Keep blogging. FYI - I have added your page to my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to blog land. It will be fun to "get to know you".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way cool that you're starting a blog! This will be fun because even though we've known you for a long time, now we can really get to know you. Good luck and great start!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you are worth getting to know!!! I love what I know about you already! I, too, will be checking your blog often. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Erica I love you!!! I just read your entire blog and I miss you even more!!!

    ReplyDelete