Wednesday, December 9, 2009

In the wee small hours

of the morning, I get up to go to work. Well, 5:20am. And to me that fits into the "wee" category. I've been working at my dad's production factory, Summit Sportswear. Throughout my adolsecence I've been able to count on this place to employ me in times of need. I've worked here a little and there a little. Probably all together I've worked there 1 and 1/2 years.

Production is tough because you're expected to work real fast on what can be pretty physically taxing stuff. And you CAN'T stop. At least until the 10 minute break every 2 hours. Boy, do I love those. I'm not kidding. I've done tasks such as sewing buttonholes, heat pressing, ironing, threading pant laces, cutting, stuffing, and even some janitorial work.

But my time at Summit is coming to a close. After today I will have only 7 days of work left. Maybe my last ever. (fingers crossed.)

And Dad, if you read this, I hope I don't sound ungrateful. This job has helped me so much time and time again. I just don't think I was made for production work. I like sitting down too much, taking breaks too much, working closely with people too much.

But I do have the best boss ever! I won't forget the Cake Days every month, the drawings for prizes, the Christmas tree, the Christmas Bonus, and your patience with me when I keep coming into your office because I have ideas or questions, or basically anything I can think of :)

8 days!!!



6 comments:

  1. Good luck and enjoy your eight days. Don't use your coal too fast. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture! And love hearing your thoughts about good old Summit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new background and great description of your "factory" days! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. seven more work days and then we're going to Disney World!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All those skills will come in handy. One of these days I'll have you teach me a few of those handy talents!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Factory work isn't fun but it really builds character (my first job was at the Barbizon is Provo, HATED it, they made up scale nightgowns). You're good to have worked at your factory for soo long. Of coarse, you have a cool boss!!

    ReplyDelete