Sunday, December 20, 2009

We leave tomorrow

and I have a Christmas wish list for this trip. If I were cool like Derek, I would just write a 14 stanza poem about it. But that would take me a year. So I'm going to make an acronym using the word "Disneyworld".



I think acronyms can be quite poetic.
Oh, the other day Erica Marley told me they leave Santa a Coke
instead of milk. I thought that was so cute.


Dear Santa,

This is what I want to see for Christmas:

D erek, in swim trunks, relaxing on the beach

I ndescribably yummy food

S now in Florida, even if it's fake

N o weight gained between 12/21 - 12/29

E velyn, my baby niece, preferring me over Jackie (this would be a first.)

Y ear after year traditions repeated

W orld peace

O ggling children trying to get an autograph from a certain "Alice" (aka Miranda in a costume)

R obert losing the golf tournament so he has to wear that embarrassing shirt with Mom

L owest outside temperature being 60 degrees

D erek saying in all sincerity, "This is the happiest place on earth."


Thank you! And if world peace is too much to ask for, family peace will be good enough.

Love,
Erica

4 comments:

  1. I think I can help make a few of those happen...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you and Derek so much for the wonderful Christmas gift!!!! Have a fun safe time in Disneyland. Let me know how it works out with "Alice"!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think most of those will come true this Christmas for you.
    Even the snow - I bet at the midnight parade they have fake snow falling.
    And I really hope you guys get photos with Alice and the children. I think that is genius!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list. If you have an issue with the snow, find a Disney Snow globe, and shake it to get the snow all mixed up. :)

    ReplyDelete