Wednesday, December 23, 2009

We made it...babeh!

We got in at 2:30 last night to our resort Vero Beach .


We were delusionally tired, but we were greeted by Jackie who was very welcoming and kind. Rob and Jos and Evelyn were already asleep, which is completely understandable.

They all also had cards on each of our pillows for us along with a piece of chocolate. Inside the cards were these poems.

Derek - "Mr. Young.......We're glad that you could come....You never are a grouch.....We hope you like the couch!"

Erica - "Little Miss Erica....You've traveled across America....We're glad you are with us.....And didn't have to take the bus!"

Miranda - "Randa-Roosie.......We sure love YOU-sie......Well my dear............We are glad you here!"

Mom - "Dear Mama-cita.......You're so hot we have to turn down the heat-a....These days were filled with stress....Now lay down and get some rest!"

Dad - "Big Daddy Haws.....You make a great Santa Claus.........Thanks for footing the bill.....So we can come and have this thrill!"

They were all signed "Love, RJJE" for Robert, Josalyn, Jackie, and Evelyn.
It was fun! But the best part was waking up to my niece who I haven't seen in 3 months, which is more than half her life..

It's very possible to love someone who you barely know. She is a beautiful, patient, observant baby. I love her. I'm her favorite aunt...at least that's what I keep telling her.

Today we swam in the pool, played a game of family football and won! jumped in the ocean, played a round of mini gold and celebrated my dad's Birthday. We also had our traditional Christmas fondue dinner since we wouldn't be later. We had some nice family festivities after dinner and I can't wait for more fun to start tomorrow. It's been so nice to have Derek here with us. He is so great :)

My dad is 52 tomorrow, but we decided to celebrate it today. He is a good guy, and I love him. I tried to upload a picture of him but it wouldn't let me! Oh well, have a good one dad!

5 comments:

  1. You're great too :-). I've had so much fun with you on this trip. Tomorrow we go to the Magic Kingdom!!! Whoooo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you got there safe and are are having a great time! Babies are so sweet, you can't help but just love them!!! I'm glad you're her favorite Aunt (wink,wink). ;-) Enjoy Mickey tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news, glad you are safe and having fun. Evelyn has your dad's eyes. When I saw the pictures I thought "Haws." Keep giving us all the news and enjoy the Magic Kingdom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I"m LOVING that you're blogging on your vacation so we can see what you guys are up to. What a FUN trip! You have such an awesome family!
    Happy birthday to your father and Merry Christmas to you! Have a little Disney fun for me too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like it's gorgeous down there! Have a fabulous time and a Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete