Thursday, February 4, 2010

I could win

a dinner for two by submiting a 'worst date' story to a panel of judges at BYU-I. I want to win that dinner! So, of course, I'm going to make a story up. A GOOD story. A prize-winning story.

A story which I am about to share with you:

"For privacy's sake, let's call him Derek. Derek was the new guy in my ward. I had just turned 16 and was a towering 5'10" tall. Derek was 5'2". After Sunday school class, Derek pulled me aside and, quite abruptly, asked me for dinner on Saturday. This was my first date and my mom taught me to always give the guy at least one chance. I said "yes".

Saturday came. Derek came to the door and I allowed him in. For the next 20 minutes Derek talked non-stop about his pokemon collection. I didn't know this about Derek. When I asked about dinner, he simply replied, "what do you have?" We ate Eggo waffles from my freezer that night. I was fuming. After dinner, my mom came in the kitchen to meet my date. He said,"Hi, I'm Derek Stock." My mom mentioned how we have some Stock's in the family. I cringed and prayed that what happened next was just a bad dream. But it was in fact a reality.

Derek's grandpa was my mom's Great Uncle. We were cousins-- close cousins. I felt my face burn and my stomach got queezy. We quickly walked to the door to say good night. When we got there Derek was acting funny. He then blurted out,"Im not who you think I am!" Derek then continued to tell me his 18-year-old Priest identity was merely a facade. He was actually 25. I never saw Derek again."

There it is. We only had half a page of space to write. I hope I win... and I hope the dinner is yummy like at Olive Garden, TGI Friday's or Chili's :)
To see another fictional 'worst date' story entry, click here

6 comments:

  1. I'll make you a deal. If you win, you can take me out to eat and if I win I'll take you out to eat? Capiche?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you win too, loved the story and the 'fictitious' name. You're too funny! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Derek does have Stock blood in him. John Stock was a ship builder in South Africa when he joined the church many years ago. Derek's great, great, grandmother was Jane Susannah Stock, and she married Charles C. Rich II. It is through John Stock's wife, Jane Adams that we have a Viking link to Rollo, the first Duke of Normandy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You two are hilarious!!! Hope you win!!

    ReplyDelete