Thursday, February 25, 2010

This is a little late, but

about a month ago Derek and I saw Kristin Korb in concert in the Kirkham auditorium here at BYU-I. She is an amazing Jazz musician. It was really really good. I was so impressed with her vocals, but even more than that, her base playing skills! They were out of this world. Her fingers were a blur, she played so fast!

I heard about her from my friend, Kim. She went to high school and sang in the same choir as Kristin. Isn't that cool?

It was great to hear some familiar Jazz tunes that I sang in choir, like "I'm beginning to See the Light" and "Green Dolphin Street." I miss singing that style.


After the show, Derek and I waited in line, and then talked with her. We mentioned how we knew Kim Lamphier, and a huge smile came on Kristin's face as she recalled the fun times in high school with Kim. It was really neat.


So Kim, if you read this, Kristin says, "Hi." :)

5 comments:

  1. That is way cool. What a great event in your lives and even cooler that Kim is her friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got to meet her!! She used to arrange music for our choir pops concert ~ she is amazing!! And guess what? I have her autograph in my yearbook ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, pictures, and writeup. I do enjoy reading about your experiences. Thanks for sharing, and I am glad you are enjoying your school life. I miss seeing your smiles, but I will see it in a month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool! What a fun evening!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun night!!! I'm so glad you posted about your meeting her and her knowing Kim.

    ReplyDelete