Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I love the Rexburg Temple!


It just takes my breath away. I love that I live less than 2 blocks away from this beautiful building. It looks over the little town of Rexburg, and adds a good feeling to this place. I love that I was there when it was dedicated. It's the best thing that could ever happen to Rexburg, Idaho.
Did you know that President Hinckley passed away only a couple weeks before he was going to dedicate it? There was a one month delay and then President Thomas S. Monson had his first temple dedication as President of the church here in Rexburg. It was so neat!
This building is pretty in all types of daylight. An especially breathtaking view of it can be seen outside the boundaries of Rexburg on the freeway. It is this pillar of light on the hill. I'm surprised there aren't a bunch of wrecks , because it is certainly eye catching.


Rexburg really has been so blessed with the addition of the Rexburg Temple. Going there weekly has been a special blessing in my life. It is a source of peace in mine and a lot of my peers lives. It really is wonderful.

8 comments:

  1. HI ERICA, I AM DEREK'S COUSIN (KIM AND SHERRI'S SISTER IF YOU HAVE FOLLOWED THE FAMILY BLOGS AND NOTICED THEIR PARTICIPATION.) I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING TO KNOW YOU AND DEREK. (OUR FAMILIES DIDN'T LIVE CLOSE TO EACH OTHER GROWING UP, SO WE DIDN'T GET TO KNOW THEM.) I GET TO COME TO REXBURG EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE TO VISIT MY SISTER SO MAYBE WE CAN MEET NEXT TIME I COME.

    I ALSO LOVE THE REXBURG TEMPLE. THESE ARE BEAUTIFUL PICS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the temple and the sunset. It is my favorite of the four. Don't get me wrong, all four are great, but the sunset melts my heart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is so much more in Rexburg than when I went to school there ~ and what a huge blessing the temple is there. Those are some amazing photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT photos!! That's great that you get to go weekly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great opportunity to go and lower your heart rate ;-) I know the Lord will bless you in this concern. I was glad to hear the report yesterday from Dad. We love you, sweetheart! Thanks for the wonderful blogpost.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you take these pictures? They are so beautiful! What a way to start the day when you can look and see the temple. I hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nope. I can't take credit for the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I completely understand how you feel about the hair, I'm in the same situation. I've bought my dye already but I'm waiting to get my hair cut before I dye it. :-)

    ReplyDelete