Saturday, April 24, 2010

Exciting News!


I am a yoga instructor on the BYU-I campus :)

I tried out on Thursday in front of two judges who were my "participants" and apparently did well enough because they penciled in teaching times right after! I teach Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:00 pm to 9:50, and Saturday mornings at 9:00.

This is going to be a great experience. I've never taught a class before, so this will look really good on my resume, and it will really stretch me (ha, no pun intended.)

I have been living and beathing yoga this week. I can't stop thinking about it and my class! Yesterday I went out and purchased 3 new yoga videos to get some ideas, I did 2 of them this morning, and I'm going to plan my routines tomorrow.

My goal is to concentrate on my students, their comfort, and provide them with an effective workout that leaves them feeling strong and rejuvenated. I really want to be supportive. It's not easy, not even for me.

I'll be sure to keep you updated on how it's going and everything. This is a fun but kind of scary new step i'm taking. But it's gonna be really good :)

10 comments:

  1. I'm excited! I'm going to be a regular. I'll be toned and buff before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I am so thrilled, and SO PROUD! This is a wonderful opportunity. I am glad to hear how seriously you are approaching this challenge. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude that so awesome!! Way to go Erica! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll be amazing I'm sure!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great, and such an awesome opportunity for you. I know you will do well. I know Yoda (Star Wars) very well, but not sure about Yoga. :)

    Example: Excellent, you will do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great opportunity!! It's important to have a job you love. You will be such a good teacher, I'm excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! You'll do great, I know it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay Erica thats awesome! Maybe one of these days i'll get to come and participate!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am SO excited for you!! No doubt you will be amazing and a favorite teacher among the students!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can you teach me Yoga ? I've always wanted to learn !

    ReplyDelete