Thursday, May 6, 2010

Quick Update!

To those who care what's going on in my life:

- Yoga class. It is going SPECTACULARLY. I absolutely love teaching, which is a good thing because it's what I'm going to school to be. I am sore everyday, but it's ok. I workout for others now, and not for myself. I seem to have regulars so that's a good sign. And I've lost 6 pounds -- did't plan on that one.

-School. School is good, but I need to put more time into it. There have been too many instances where I quickly whip up an asssignment and turn it in. I need to spend more quality time with my anatomy book. We aren't friends quite yet. I love my baking class! Tomorrow we're making bagels, mmm. (Note to self: pick up some strawberry cream cheese)

-Derek. Derek and I are having a good semester, but it kind of stinks becuase we don't have any classes together like last semester, and we're not in the same ward anymore. But I still see him for hours everyday. We make it work. He is one of my most faithful yoga participants. He's so supportive. He even bought a black yoga mat yesterday. It is very masculine! :)

-Family. I miss my parents. I know that they are taking good are of eachother though. I pray for them every day. It's still so great having my siblings here in Rexburg with me. I love spending time with Rob and Jos, mostly randomnly, and me and my niece Evelyn have become besties! We hangout, it's cool :) Miranda and I took a spontaneous trip to Idaho Falls yesterday and had a wonderful time shopping. Jackie is coming to my class tonight and bringing a friend. She said to go easy on her...I promise nothing.

-Faith. I 'm grateful for the Lord, because I have already felt His help and strength in my life and all my many activities (yoga teaching, schoolwork, personal, etc.) I'm taking a great New Testament class and enjoying reading about the Savior's ministry. I need to remember that this is not only a University but Discipleship training program, if you will. I know I'm better because I live here in Rexburg, surrounded by so many good examples.

Ok, that's it for now. Gotta go play a quick game of ping pong with Derek. :)

5 comments:

  1. I wish we had more classes together. It doesn't seem like we see each other enough. I was thinking about this and in order to solve this dilemma, one of us needs to change our major. Tomorrow we'll do nose goes. :-)

    remember to shake your head like yea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I will learn yoga from you. I see it now, one fat boy who can't touch his toes will learn to bend where bending dosen't happen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to go to one of your yoga classes. Can you believe I have never done yoga? I have always wanted to try it but always put it off. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you're doing well, aside from the lack of classes with Derek. Good luck to Jackie in your class ;-) The girls wanted to make sure I said hello from them.....so here you go. "Hello," from Anna and Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post, it was so informative! I'm glad things are going so well & I'm glad your Yoga class is a success. Congratulations on your test, I'm proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete