Sunday, June 6, 2010

I have some news...

I am engaged to be married, and to a wonderful man! Derek proposed and I said yes :)


This looks pretty much exactly like my ring.

He took me on a beautiful afternoon walk down a cement nature path in Rexburg. We took a detour and settled on a bridge that is also a train track and sat down on a blanket looking at a the river below. It was beautiful. He then handed me a gift (by this time I knew what was coming). I unwrapped it and it was a beautiful hardbound Shutterfly picture book. The first page were portraits of Derek and I and then a letter he wrote to me...this is where the crying began.

After I read the letter i enjoyed pages of pictures of us as children, teenagers and adults as well as a collage of pictures of us on our many adventures the past several months. He also asked a lot of our family what they love about me and dedicated a page for that...so sweet :) The last section was dedicated to the many inanimate object pictures he has been collecting for months. About 7 months ago there was a popular commercial on TV of random objects that formed faces (smiley faces, frowny faces, etc.) Anyway, he knew that i LOVED that commercial because I crack up every time I see it, so he had been collecting pictures like that for a long time. It really made me smile.

On the last page of the book was a picture of a beautiful ring and a picture of a couple under an umbrella. Through my tears I looked over at Derek and he was already on one knee, asking me to marry him. I said yes! For once, I think I cried more than Derek.

I'm so excited to marry Derek and have so many new family members who I already love.Thank you to everyone for your love and support of us. We invite all to celebrate with us at our Reception on Friday, August 13th at Copper Hill Reception Hall.

More info later! Love you!

10 comments:

  1. I cry too when I read the story. I'm so happy and excited for you! You are going to be such a BEAUTIFUL bride. Congratulations again. :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go!! It's the best thing I ever did. You are going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited to have another sister! I am thrilled you are "the one". You two are incredible together, compliment one another and ooooze love. If I could do a cartwheel, I'd be doing cartwheels in my excitement!
    Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post. I am very happy for both of you, and very excited. When you are in a room, the room seems a little brighter. You are special and I am happy you and Derek found each other. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I already think of you as a sister and now it's official! I'm so excited!! Congratulations! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I already love you like a daughter. You add joy to our family and we are all so happy for the two of you!! I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so happy to have another sister... I will now have 4 all together and that's saying a lot since I grew up with only one sibling and he is a boy. You two are one amazing couple.

    All I have to say is... YIPPEEE and it's about time! :-)

    P.S. Love the way he proposed and your ring is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. CONGRATS. I CAN'T WAIT TO MEET YOU AT THE END OF THE MONTH WHEN YOU GUYS COME TO BOISE! SEE YOU SOON.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Congratulations you two!!! That is so wonderful. I knew it was coming. You two are great for each other. Marriage is so wonderful and I'm so happy for you both :)

    ReplyDelete