Thursday, June 17, 2010

My 8:00am class was cancelled

according to the note on the door. I love it when our professors surprise us like that. I know he is sick, so I really shouldn't be celebrating, but he really has given us all a gift. What would've been a 1 1/2 hour class is now free time. I'm already up and dressed so going home to sleep is out of the question. I am here at the library, reading emails, printing papers, looking at blogs, and what'd ya know, blogging myself!

Although my life is busy and full of responsibilities and callings and classes, I am so happy to be here. I know that I will look back on this place, BYU-I, with very fond memories. I need to cherish it. I only have 4 more semesters left of college, and then I will get my Bachelors in Exercise Physiology. That is so cool! What a blessing to be able to get an education! I am a lucky woman.

At the end of my yoga class, there is a relaxing and rejuvenating segment where my students lay flat on their backs, concentrating on their breathing, and think of positive and happy thoughts, allowing the stress in their lives to melt away. I dim the lights and turn up the music and they are in their own little happy world. Last class, I suggested they say a gratitude prayer for the blessings in their lives. I would suggest everyone try it every once in awhile. It really brings your life back into focus.
:)

6 comments:

  1. I love you, my dear. Thanks for the uplift today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4 semesters? It goes by so fast! Congrats to you on pursuing your degree ~ that's definitely an accomplishment to be grateful for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm proud of you in all you do. You bring positive things to other peoples lives. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. Yay for school being almost over.
    2. You're awesome.
    3. Can I come to your class?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea, for unexpected breaks in our schedule. It gave you time to blog. :)

    Some day, you can explain what yoga is all about. Good luck on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to take your yoga class! I have always wanted to take it but being the poor college students we are, we haven't had the money. Keep up the great work! If you have an yoga DVD's that you would recommend, let me know! I am all about stress relief! I totally love the prayer's of gratitude. I try to make sure I say one each day that is nothing more than a thank you. It really helps you see the blessings Heavenly Father has given you.

    ReplyDelete