Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A new year has begun


I've got a feeling there are some wonderful things in store for us in 2012. 2012...I can't believe how fast the past 23 years have gone by. I remember 12 years ago on New Years Eve 2000, my childhood friend, Mindy Fletcher and I stayed up til midnight creating choreography to the song from Disney's "Tarzan". I don't remember what song it was, but it still feels like yesterday. Of course, everyone had been talking about the end of the world, and I think I was just a tad anxious to see what would happen when the clock stroke 12. But nothing happened, there was just a bunch of pots and pans banging, kazoos, and some fireworks you could see from our front room window. Fun memories.

This year Derek and I will graduate college. I'm really proud of myself for making it this far. School is tough, and that's no lie. I've been very challenged by the classes I've taken for my exercise physiology major. I guess there's a lot more to exercise than meets the eye. ;) But it really has been a huge blessing to learn. I can apply so much of what I've learned about how to exercise effectively to mine and my family's lives.

Although school has been important, I am most excited to move away from Rexburg and begin the life I've always dreamed of - being a wife and mother. I can't wait to be able to have the time and means to really make a home for Derek. I want to expand my cooking knowledge, to practice, and create and buy groceries! Oh groceries! Why are you so expensive? I am excited to be able to buy nice ingredients. haha, I am a nerd.

I also want to eventually get an online degree in interior design here.

I've always been drawn to beautiful things in all artistic venues, but I think I've found a love for designing rooms. I guess I love the idea of the power of good interior design. You know it works when you walk into a room, and it is able to change how you feel, whether its a romantic table scape set with beautiful linens and candlelight, or a light and breezy bedroom with lots of natural light, perhaps a comfy sheepskin rug. I could go on and on. On that note, here are some curtains that I just adore...


photo found here

Derek and I would love to purchase a home. It's been so fun looking at homes online, discussing what we like, what's important to us, what we could do or change. It will be small, no doubt, and maybe old, probably a fixer upper, but it will be OURS. We will truly be living the dream when we can have our own house to do whatever we want with, to make sweet memories in, and perhaps invite a little one into.

These are my thoughts. It's good to put them down somewhere. It is quite therapeutic, actually. I'll post again soon.


3 comments:

  1. I loved reading your blog about your hopes and dreams of the future. I especially liked your comments about inviting a little one into your home. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is therapeutic, isn't it? I like you plan. Congratulations on graduating this year! You can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed this very much, especially the part where you recognize how therapeutic it is to write down your thoughts. Keep going, Girl! You can do this!

    ReplyDelete