Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I haven't blogged in awhile, but I just

really feel like posting something.

These are the things that have been on my heart lately:

Utah. I went to Utah last weekend, and hitched a ride with some folks that were headed to Vegas. They just picked me up on the way back. I was able to surprise my two best friends, Gayle and Jessica, and visit other people I hadn't seen in too long. Can I just tell you, I think that it really revived me, and gave me the will to keep going here at school for the 3 weeks that are left. I also ate really yummy food, went bowling, and bought my first pair of stillettos...and they are red....and 5 1/2 inches tall. Wow!

3 weeks...I can't believe how this semester has flown by. In fact, it seems my life is flying me by. I know, I know, I'm only 21. But there are times where I still feel like the awkward 15 year old who's trying to figure out who she is. But then I remember, I am an adult, and I'm relieved I'm not 15 anymore.

Derek. Derek and I have been dating for almost 15 months. People never know what to say when I tell them that. It's very unique. But you know what? I wouldn't trade these past 15 months for anything. I have learned so much from him, and had so many experiences, that I know I am a different person than I was. I like 'me' now better than 'me' then.

Today is clear sky's and a blistering 48 degrees. I love sunshine. I think, I am vitamin D defficient, but I know that will change as the season does. I think the Lord has blessed the little town of Rexburg this semester with a mild winter. It has just made life easier.

I've got to go read now. Thank you everyone for being so awesome. I mean EVERYBODY. You have all touched my life in someway. Catcha later

6 comments:

  1. I am vitamin D deficient and have to take a supplement for the rest of my life. I really noticed a difference when I started taking it. I am only brave enough to wear up to 4 inch heals... wow 5 1/2 is awesome. Keep your beautiful smile and before you know it the 3 weeks will be over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this! So nice to hear some of your thoughts. You are one of a kind, Erica; so much wiser than your 21 years. Thoroughly enjoyed our visit this morning. Love you, and looking forward to seeing you very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having seen the difference between Rexburg mild and Rexburg not-so-mild, I'm glad you've enjoyed the mild! Three weeks will be over before you know it! Are you coming back to Salem? I know Anna will ask me so it's best if I know the answer in advance. Enjoy your heels!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shoes - I'm so impressed about your stilettos! I would seriously break my ankle or neck. I can't wait to see them on you - I know they look amazing!!

    Trip - How fun for you and for the surprise! I need clarification on the folks heading to Vegas, did you know them? I hope so, I'm good at spankings :-)

    3 Weeks - Yay, you'll be able to cross one more semester off your school list and YAY, be able to take a breather!

    Derek - I'm glad you like him because me and my man clan, I mean Derek, really likes you too.

    Vitamin D - Do you have one of the natural light alarm clocks?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad the 3 weeks will be over soon, then you can relax and feel all that accomplishment!!! I'm also glad you and Derek are so close!!!!! I can't wait to see those 5 1/2 in. red shoes on you ;) We miss you and Derek, it's going to be good to see you soon. I love you!1

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sooo sorry it didn't work out for us to see each other when you were in Provo! But, I'm glad I did get to talk to you, and I'm glad you had a good time! Hope all goes well with school and I hope to talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete